Why You Should Embrace Your Differences - Helen Lam, Marsh
Helen Lam, Head of Social Impact at Marsh, shares her career story and career advice for young people. Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor. Helen is responsible for ensuring that the company is giving back to the community, working with and supporting local schools, charities, and organisations. In this interview she discusses her career journey, which included working in the events industry for 8 years, and the lessons she’s learned along the way. Areas discussed include:
- How she got started in a career in CSR (corporate social responsibility)
- How she got her very first job through volunteering and networking
- Why you should embrace what’s different about you
- Opportunities that are available for young people at Marsh
- Why young people should be open to change
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Barclays, Uber and Google.