Why You Should Develop Your Soft Skills - Charlie Gower, Hiscox
Charlie Gower, Head of Insight and Research at Hiscox, shares her career story and career advice for young people. Hiscox is an international insurance group. Charlie is responsible for helping the company be customer-centric, organising customer research to see what they think of the brand, advertising and products. In this interview, she gives us an insight into her role and shares some of the career lessons she’s learned along the way. Some of the areas she discusses include:
- What she loves about her role
- Her passions outside of work
- What you should look for in your first job
- How to develop your soft skills (and why they will differentiate you from others)
- How to make the most out of your connections
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Uber, Samsung and PwC.