Why Practice Makes Perfect - Suranga Chandratillake, Balderton Capital
Suranga Chandratillake, General Partner at Balderton Capital, shares his career story and career advice for young people. Balderton Capital is a technology venture firm that focuses exclusively on backing European tech companies. Suranga got into the industry after founding his own startup Blinkx, an intelligent search engine for video and audio content. In this video, he gives an insight into his career journey, discussing what his work week looks like at Balderton, how he got into the industry and more. Some of the areas discussed include:
- The types of businesses that Balderton work with
- How he got started in the VC world and how other people tend to get into the industry
- Challenges that he faced when he was younger
- Why he advises all young people to practice the situations that scare them
- Why you need to be open-minded about the job path/skills that you’ve decided to focus on
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Unruly, PwC and Uber.