Learn To Lead Yourself First - Steve Woodhouse, Marsh
Steve Woodhouse, Human Resources Director at Marsh, shares his career story and career advice for young people. Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor. Steve is responsible for everything people-related, shaping the strategy and culture of the organisation. Having struggled at school with dyslexia, Steve started working from a young age, rather than attending university. Throughout his career, he was lucky enough to have some great leaders who gave him advice that helped to shape his path. In this video he shares his own advice around leadership, being enthusiastic and getting involved with as much as you can. Topics discussed include:
- How he started his career path
- The company culture at Marsh
- Why your job search should include looking for the sort of boss you’d want to work with
- Why great leadership starts with leading yourself
- The value of getting involved with group projects and communities
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Facebook, Barclays and Slack.