How To Use Curiosity To Your Advantage - Jambu Palaniappan, OMERS Ventures
Jambu Palaniappan, Managing Partner at OMERS Ventures, shares his career story and career advice for young people. OMERS is a venture capital fund that invests in the next generation of European tech companies. Jambu has previously spent 6 years working for Uber, leading its international growth team before moving to Dubai to lead Uber Eats in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. In this interview, he gives an insight into his career as a venture capitalist and shares his top career advice for young students and professionals. Areas discussed in the video include:
- What venture capitalist’s do
- Opportunities that are available for young people interested in venture capital
- Why he encourages work experience and asking for advice
- How to use curiosity to develop skills and solutions
- 3 pieces of advice that he would share with everyone
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Bulb, Facebook and Alexander Hall.