How To Improve Your Self-Awareness - Oonagh Harpur
Oonagh Harpur, non-executive director and advisor, shares her career story and career advice for young people. Oonagh is a corporate strategist with expertise in governance, culture and leadership. She first became a CEO in 1988 and has served on boards for over 30 years in advisory and executive roles as a CEO, a Non Executive Director and Trustee. In this video she gives an insight into her career and what it was like to be a female leader in a male-dominated workforce during the 80’s. Some of the areas she discusses in the video include:
- Her career and the path she took to get there
- The importance of relationship-building in business
- Her experience being a female CEO in the 1980’s
- Why you should take the time to figure out your values
- Asking people around you for feedback
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Bulb, Alexander Hall and Barclays.