How To Get A Job In The Gaming Industry - Emma Hall, Jagex
Emma Hall, Lead Developer for gaming developer, Jagex, shares her career story and career advice for young people. Jagex is a leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, best known for creating RuneScape and Old School RuneScape. Emma’s work involves her managing a team of developers - she initially started as a Junior Technical Developer in 2014 and worked her way up to management level. In this interview she shares more about her role, the gaming industry and how to get into the gaming world. Some of the areas discussed include:
- What it’s like to work for Jagex and what she loves about her job
- The types of jobs that are available in the gaming industry
- The path she took to get to where she is now
- What she looks for when hiring someone
- How to develop your passions and interests
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Facebook, PwC and Bulb.