How To Deal With Setbacks - Amanda Finch, CIISec
Amanda Finch, CEO at Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec), shares her career story and career advice for young people. CIISec helps individuals and organisations develop capability and competency in cyber security. As CEO, Amanda leads the team and sets the strategy for the growth and direction of the business. In this interview, she shares the journey to get to where she is now, from starting in retail to attending university in her late twenties. Some of the areas discussed in the video include:
- How she started her career journey
- Why she went to university later in life and why she thinks it was the best thing she did
- How to deal with mistakes and setbacks
- How to figure out what career path to take
- Why you need to be adaptable to change
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Barclays, Slack and PepsiCo.