How To Create Your Life Vision - Dr Leyla Hussein, The Dahlia Project
Dr Leyla Hussein, psychotherapist and founder of The Dahlia Project, shares her career story and career advice for young people. Leyla specialises in supporting survivors of sexual abuse. She is recognised as one of the key experts on female genital mutilation (FGM) and is a leading and award-winning international campaigner against all forms of violence against women and girls. She founded The Dahlia Project, the UK’s first specialist therapeutic service for FGM survivors, 9 years ago. In this interview she discusses:
- Why she decided to become a psychotherapist
- How she started campaigning for FGM
- What she was like in school and how it connects to her work today
- The importance of self-reflection and taking breaks
- The power of manifesting and creating a dual vision board
The Circl Interview Series asks leaders of the UK’s most exciting businesses to share their career paths and advice with the next generation of talent. Check out our other interviews with professionals from organisations such as Uber, PwC and Bulb.