Supporting rESEARCH

Millennial Employee Engagement: Providing Purpose

 

The Deloitte Millennial Survey 2018

(10,455 millennials + 1,844 Gen Z) Millennials feel unprepared for Industry 4.0 & see 'soft skills' as increasingly necessary "They are eager for businesses to more aggressively commit to making a tangible impact on the society while preparing their organizations and employees for the changes that Industry 4.0 is effecting."

63% - believe businesses have no ambition beyond wanting to make money (up from 50% in 2017)

40% - believe business leaders have a negative impact on the world

 

https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/millennialsurvey.html#

 

Fleishman Hillard Fishburn

Authenticity Gap Report 2017

74% of millennials believe businesses should actively try to solve societal issues

 

http://fleishmanhillard.com/resource/authenticity-gap-2017-global-executive-summary/

 

Cone Communications 2016

Millennial Employee Engagement Study 2016 (Survey 1,020 millennials (50-50 men-women))

3/4 of Millennials would take a pay cut to work for a socially responsible company

83% - would be more loyal to a company that helps tackle a social issues

 

http://www.conecomm.com/2017-cone-communications-csr-study-pdf

 

PWC 2013

NextGen Global Generational Study: University of Southern California & London Business School (Survey 44,000 PwC people)

For Millennials, enjoying their work and finding meaning and purpose in their work is more important. Those who participated in more than one corporate social responsibility activity in the US had an average tenure of 7.4 years, while those who didn’t participate in any stayed with the organisation an average of 6.3 years.

 

https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/hr-management-services/publications/assets/pwc-engaging-and-empowering-millennials.pdf

 

KPMG 2017:

Meet the Millennials "It's Her Future Programme" 2017 (70 millennials surveyed)

This generation is unique in its social consciousness, and nowadays 63% of millennials expect their employers to contribute to a social cause.

 

https://home.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/uk/pdf/2017/04/Meet-the-Millennials-Secured.pdf

 

Gallup 2017:

State of Global Workplace

11% (1 in 10) British workers is engaged in work

 

http://www.managerlenchanteur.org/wp-content/uploads/Gallup-State-of-the-Global-Workplace-Report-2017_Executive-Summary.pdf

 

Gallup 2016:

How Millennials want to live and work (30 separate studies and included more than 1 million respondents.)

only 29% of millennials are engaged at work, with the remaining 71% either not engaged or actively disengaged.

 

https://news.gallup.com/businessjournal/195209/few-millennials-engaged-work.aspx

 

LinkedIn 2016

Millennials Job hop more than other generations

Over the last 20 years, the number of companies people worked for in the five years after they graduated has nearly doubled. People who graduated between 1986 and 1990 averaged more than 1.6 jobs, and people who graduated between 2006 and 2010 averaged nearly 2.85 jobs.

Change jobs 4 times in the 1st 10 years

 

https://blog.linkedin.com/2016/04/12/will-this-year_s-college-grads-job-hop-more-than-previous-grads

 

Brookings Data 2014

75% of workforce by 2025

 

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brookings-now/2014/07/17/brookings-data-now-75-percent-of-2025-workforce-will-be-millennials/

 

 

Oxford Economics 2014

The cost of Brain Drain

The average cost of replacing an employee is £30,000

 

https://d2rpq8wtqka5kg.cloudfront.net/264283/open20140513053500.pdf?Expires=1533660545&Signature=P38gacLvP1aYbXZJlIRJWAw-kxOQraQ7z2lDwqN8GjhHfOf5aP2VlEpkS32czkXMjizg1LXnqcZWaTVcL4l1~KiyoKZFWuWT1Xe10IDm0IHOmrp~0dUT99xZVTIjs7hA~mhm07tGsLEY1lkZZQEo4SMiq6-3-iHV40hdiN4nLT3K9cXdkaT8DOG8dZW3SYkWt7PICXkbJo5G-gBWa40ncGvS~PVqUot7G~kmB0KxrdcW-LlNGLHYPwHGJkwS8xd-1T2FEoa4Nt~MDTQHHv3nIGRs2aVu4k5KBHI4PYsHiazwar3kVD8pm-gwniHj4ddxZXgXz7SxWEwrfqHCK0D0rQ__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJVGCNMR6FQV6VYIA